Westerway comes alive in December and January when the Raspberry Harvest begins. View the harvesters at work from your cottage as well as sampling these delicious berries. Berries on sale throughout the season.
Running through Westerway is the very popular Tyenna River, known for its great fishing it is rated one of Tassies top 10 fishing spots.
Both brown and rainbow trout can easily be caught using a variety of methods but it is best know for its fly fishing.
The Tyenna River has Anglers Access points between Westerway and Maydena.
Places to Eat
- Westerway Roadhouse – basic groceries items, takeaway food
- Possum Shed Riverside Café
- The Waterfalls café Mt Field National Park
- National Park Hotel
If self catering you will find a supermarket, bakery and bottleshop in New Norfolk which is a 25 minute drive from Westerway or on route from Hobart.
Places of Interest
- Mt Field National Park 7km
- Russell Falls 7km
- Styx Valley
- Rail Track Riders
- Westerway Raspberry Farm
- Big Tree Forest Reserve 25km
- Strathgordon / Lake Pedder 93km
- New Norfolk Township 25km
- Salmon Ponds / Pancakes by the Ponds 15km
- Historical Hamilton Township 25km
- Central Highlands / Lake Country
- Hobart is a 1 hour drive
Experiences to Enjoy
- Rural / Country
- Farm Animals
- Farm Activity
- Seasonal Harvesting
- Fishing Fly / Trout
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife / Nocturnal Wildlife
- Flora / Fauna